This course is approved under SkillsFuture Credit Framework and NTUC – UTAP
The “TCM Pediatric Care and Applications for Health and Wellness Practitioners ” is one of the modules under the Series – The Essential TCM Skills for Health and Wellness Practitioners – designed to equipped Health and Wellness practitioners with basic knowledge in TCM Paediatric Care and Applications
TCM Pediatric Care for children and youth issues has been around for thousands of years; especially the Paediatric Massage which is safe, and non-intrusive. During developmental stages, clinical presentation illnesses related to Children and youth are different from Adults and have its own set of approaches.
The participants will be introduced to the physiological characteristics of the infant, children and teenagers, the common illness associated with them. The methods of diagnosis, management and prevention in TCM, particularly utilizing common Chinese herbal diet, TCM Paediatric Massage will be taught
The participants will be introduced to the physiological characteristics of the infant, children and teenagers from the TCM perspective, the phases of life development and the common illness associated with them. The unique methods of diagnosis, management and prevention in TCM for Paediatric Care, particularly utilizing common Chinese herbal diet, TCM Paediatric Massage will be taught. The course will empower them a have a strong understanding and practical knowledge and skills to apply the knowledge of TCM into their current activities.
Course Learning Outcome:
The learner will,
- Know how the life begin from the TCM view
- Know causes of the health issues in Children and Youth
- Know the 8 TCM Paediatric Massage Techniques and
- Know the causes of different common illness syndromes
- Know common approaches to improve the immune systems of the children
- Bonding with the children
- 12 hours
Teaching & Learning methods:
- Lecture and case analysis.
- Practical Mastery of Exercise and practice
- Assessment of knowledge manipulation competency
- S$250 per participant
- Inclusive of Course Notes and Comprehensive Online material
- Certificate of Completion – “TCM Pediatric Care and Applications”