The “Meridian Knowledge and Skills for Healthcare Practitioners” is the first core module of the Series – The Essential TCM Skills for Healthcare Practitioners and Homecare Givers – designed to equipped Healthcare practitioners and Homecare givers essential TCM skills and knowledge to help manage the aging population
The TCM Meridian theory together with Acupuncture is a recognized therapeutic modality approved by the World Health Organization (W.H.O.) which has proven efficacy in the treatment of a variety of ailments.
A continuous flow of Qi and energy in the meridian systems help strengthening the body’s vital energy. Manipulation on the meridian through Qigong, Acupressure Massage, cupping and scrapping help to improve, strengthening, or propelling “Qi” or energy to different part of the body systems improving illnesses recovery time, energy levels, and immune functions, and restoring the balance to our body. Such therapeutic effects can be enhanced through the understanding of the meridian theory and knowledge in diagnose and executing the appropriate techniques along the meridian pathway.
The course “Meridian Knowledge and Skills for Healthcare Practitioners” is targeted at those who are actively promoting healthy life-style activities, such as Yoga Instructors/Practitioners, Qigong trainers or homecare givers. It was designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the TCM meridian theory, with hands-on skills and techniques for individuals engaged in this healthy lifestyle activity.
Course Learning Outcome:
The learner will,
- Understand the Fundamentals of TCM
- Learn the Concepts and functions of Qi, Blood, and Constitution
- Appreciate the flow and meridians and its applications
- Learn the knowledge in Diagnose
- Knowledge of TCM perspective of Chronic illnesses
- 24 hours
- 8 hours per day, Over 3 days, or
- 3 hours per week, Over 8 weeks
Teaching & Learning methods:
- Lecture and case analysis.
- Discussion and role play
- Practical Mastery of Exercise and Breathing practice
- A convenient location near you
- Refer to the posting of the SkillsFuture Portal
- Singapore SkillsFuture Credit Claimable (up to $500)
- $25 for Comprehensive Course Notes and On-line materials (Video, Articles, Blog etc)
- S$25 (Non – refundable)
- Certificate of Completion – “Meridian Knowledge and Skills for Healthcare Practitioners”
- Dr. Clement Ng Shin Kiat
- Singapore Registered TCM Practitioner
- Doctor of Medicine (TCM), Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine
- MBA (Strategic Management), Nanyang Business School, NTU
- B.A.Sc. (Computer Technology\Engineering), NTU
- Chairman – Technical Committee on Complementary Medicine & Health Products.
- Former Vice Principal – Singapore College of TCM
- Council Member – Singapore Acupuncture Association
- Executive Council Member – WFCMS – Specialty Committee for Medicated Diet and Dietotherapy
- Expert Committee Member –ISO/TC 249 (TCM), International Organization for Standardization
- ACTA Certified